WHO WE ARE
FaithLink assists individuals who are seniors (60+), or those with a physical disability or chronic illness, to maintain their independence. Our mission is accomplished by linking individuals to a community of volunteers who can offer supplemental, non-medical care, and/or referring individuals to comprehensive service organizations
Senior ride link
Visiting and Chores
Senior food boxes
*All requests must be made at least 10 days in advance
*There are no costs for our services, but donations are gladly accepted
*Senior ride link requests are filled at the availability of the SRL program coordinator
*Our ability to fulfill your request is dependent upon the availability of our volunteers
FaithLink was formed in 1996 by a coalition of people from the Wood County Ministerial Alliance and the Volunteer Action Center. Funding initially came from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, and the Episcopal, Lutheran, Catholic, and United Methodist Churches of WV. In 2014 they joined Community Resources, Inc.
- To enhance independence and quality of life for those we serve.
- To identify individuals in the community who would benefit from FaithLink services.
- To establish links between care receivers and volunteers.
- To recruit, train, and support volunteers.
- To create public awareness of FaithLink services and volunteer opportunities
- To incorporate faith-based and community organizations into the work of FaithLink
- To stabilize and increase FaithLink’s financial base